The phrase “nurture your soul” comes up a lot in “soul” conversations and references. As we journey through life, it becomes vitally important to know and honor ourselves deeply and the mechanism to getting to know ourselves intimately is by staying in a positive frame of mind, opening to love, and loving ourselves unconditionally and fiercely.
Why is nurturing our souls important?
We are able to make choices that enhance our well-being. We learn to appreciate nature, stay present, and healthy, and cultivate a mindful practice that sustains us through challenges. The cumulative benefit of nurturing our souls is understanding our spiritual nature. When we are spiritually tuned in to our Source, life becomes fluid and more expansive.
As a result, we become one with something divine, or the universe itself. With the power of spiritual growth, we become self-aware, gain inner peace, and emotional resilience, and enhance relationships with others.
What are the benefits of spiritual growth?
Now, why is spiritual growth so important for a human being? Here are the reasons you should emphasize spiritual growth.
1. Increased self-awareness
One of the biggest advantages of spiritual growth is people become increasingly self-aware. By becoming self-aware, we get in touch with ourselves, leading to a better self-understanding.. As a result, we understand our emotions, thoughts, and actions better, which helps us activate our purpose in life.
2. Gaining inner peace
Another big plus of spiritual growth is it helps us gain inner peace. As we continue to grow spiritually, we can gain inner contentment. We remain happy and satisfied with what we have, irrespective of what kind of simple it might be.
3. Having a broad perspective
Growing spiritually helps us expand our perspective and point of view. No longer will people be confined to their shallow minds, and narrow points of view. People who experience spiritual growth, look at the world from a broader perspective, as they go beyond the scope of a materialistic world. Tjhei’s main goal is to find a reason and the inner happenings of all things.
4. Improving relationships
Most of the time, relationships are ruined because of ego, selfishness, and a lack of compassion. As we grow spiritually, we learn about forgiveness, empathy, compassion, and deep, unconditional love toward others. This helps to improve all our external relationships with friends, and family, and helps to mend broken ones.
5. Gaining emotional healing
We often suffer from emotional pain that accumulated and held on to most of our lives, which unfortunately continues to bug us. Growing spiritually can help us find the appropriate tools for healing. It also helps us to be resilient, and gain inner strength.
6. Having a greater joy
The goal of spiritual growth is to make us happier because we learn to go with the flow and accept everything around us. As a result, we feel a greater sense of gratitude toward everything, which brings a greater sense of joy.
Spiritual growth scriptures
Spiritual growth is not a new concept, and it is in fact, been talked about in various religions over thousands of years. Since spiritual growth and religions have some basic principles, here are a few religious scriptures on spiritual growth.
- Quran: The Quran is the most sacred book of Islam, and is considered the end all, be all of Islam. This book guides people towards spiritual healing and growth by devoting themselves to God through prayers and fasting and following His suggested way of life.
- Bhagavad Gita: The Bhagavad Gita is one of the most ancient religious scriptures in the world, and it is the religious scripture of Hinduism. It also talks about spiritual growth through, yoga, and meditation.
- Holy Bible: is, the religious book of Christians and teaches the practice of faith, love, and repentance, which will lead people to a deeper connection with our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Dhammapada: The Dhammapada is the religious book of the Buddhists, and has one of the richest details and emphasis on kindness, compassion, and wisdom as the ways to harness spiritual growth.
Spiritual growth can lead us to unimaginable heights in life and it is the most transformative way to reshape our lives. If you need any guidance on how to start a spiritual practice or experience growth, feel free to contact us, and together, we will chart a path to enrich our minds and nourish our souls.
Come join Dr. Mensimah Shabazz at Virtual Women’s event! She’s a transformational coach, teacher, and author, on a mission to empower women to bring out their true potential and live life on their own terms.
1. How can I experience spiritual growth?
You can experience spiritual growth through various methods. These include meditation, yoga, prayers, self-reflection, etc.
2. Can spiritual growth be achieved without religious beliefs?
Yes, You can experience spiritual growth in your way, without being religious.
3. How long does spiritual growth take?
The time taken for spiritual growth can vary according to the person. Unlike physical growth, it is a lifelong process.